- may limit the risk or liability of ESF or a third party.
- may create risk or liability for the user.
- may compel the user to indemnify ESF or a third party.
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
“Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
“we”, “us” or “our” refers to “ESF”
“you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
“registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our Platforms and has provided us with a unique email address and password as well as other Personal Information in order to order goods and services on our Platforms.
IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18
If you are below the age of 18 years, you must always get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Platforms or give us your Personal Information. We may check that your parent or guardian has given you such permission, for example by asking you to provide us with your parent’s or guardian’s contact details so we can contact them. We may also check that the contact details you have given us are correct and are the details of a person who is your parent or guardian. If we are not able to verify such permission or if a parent or guardian confirms that you do not have their permission, you may not use our Platforms.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
We process Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific. In order for users to access and use our Platforms we collect and process some Personal Information. When you become a registered user, we have to collect and process your Personal Information to render our services to you.
When you register to use our Platforms, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- name and surname
- email address
- physical address
- mobile phone number
- online identifiers
- date of birth
- identification number
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true, and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
Information from using our Platforms
When you access our Platforms, whether or not you are a registered user, we process some of your Personal Information. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our Platforms and other services, the content you view and search queries you submit.
- information about the equipment you use to access or use our Platforms, including the type of device you are using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol address.
- the geographic location from which you accessed our Platforms, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby wifi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services.
- other information about you from third parties, such as social media.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process the Personal Information we collect and receive to:
- identify you;
- verify your identity;
- create a user account for you; and/or
- enter into a contract with you.
As a registered user, we also process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfill our contractual obligations to you when you have ordered goods in order for us to deliver those goods and process returns
- provide you with information, products, or services you request from us
- communicate with you regarding our Platforms and provide you with information, products or services, including billing, customer support, resolving complaints and quality control
- send you information about competitions, products or services that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information). Please note that you may also receive newsletters based on your interests, recent orders and browsing behaviour. To unsubscribe from newsletters sent to you based on your recent orders and browsing behaviours, visit the Newsletter Subscriptions page under “My Account” or unsubscribe when receiving such a newsletter
- get feedback from you which we need to develop our products and services and grow our business
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations such as tax or financial laws
- undertake research for statistical purposes. The research and statistics we get from this process do not include your Personal Information and cannot be linked to you, nor can you be identified from these statistics
RETENTION AND RESTRICTION OF RECORDS
We keep your Personal Information for as long as:
- we need it to provide our Platforms, products or services to you.
- it is required or allowed by law and is in line with our internal retention policies.
- it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us.
- you have agreed to us keeping your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected or subsequently processed. If your Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
By accessing and using the Platform, you consent to us retaining records of your Personal Information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
USER TRACKING AND COOKIES
- make our Platforms more user friendly
- personalise your interactions with our Platforms, tailor our services and Platforms to your interests and needs, and ensure they work on your device
- provide advertising that is relevant to you, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement and measure the effectiveness of the advertisements on our Platforms and other websites, based on your online activities such as the websites and apps you use or content you view, and information we have about you
- send opt-In marketing communication if you are not a registered user
We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your permission.
OPT-OUT FROM DIRECT MARKETING
You have the right to request us not to contact you for purposes of direct marketing by any form of electronic communication such as automatic calling machines, email and/or SMS notifications by opting-out of any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
WHO ELSE GETS TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or any other purposes.
We may provide or make your Personal Information available to:
- our employees and/or third-party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you via our Platforms for the marketing, ordering or delivery of goods
- law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity
- our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, public relations, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose and must treat such information as confidential information